Are you looking to earn extra money on weekends? Are you outgoing, personable, and love music? Are you looking for work that can fit around your current studies, job, business or commitments? Do you have a valid driver’s license and your own car? If so, please read on…
Who We Are
Epic Entertainment is an upbeat, fun, and growing entertainment company that provides DJ’s, Photo Booth Hosts, Décor Lighting, and more, for occasions such as, weddings, corporate events, private parties, school dances, and other special occasions.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be expected to deliver, set up, and manage the DJ equipment during any events you are booked for in San Luis Obispo County and/or Santa Barbara County. You will be responsible for playing music for the duration of the hire, as well as making announcements as needed. No two events will ever be the same and you will meet lots of new people from all walks of life and get a chance to enjoy event food!
The work is event-based, and the dates, times and locations will always be specified by the client, so punctuality and attendance are crucial. You will be working primarily on your own but interacting with a lot of guests and are an important part of the event team!
Your role will include, but not limited to:
- DJ’s are required to complete training before working any events on their own. This training includes:
- Online classes.
- In person training, including working with one of our experienced DJ’s at actual events.
- We also provide monthly in-person and 1-on-1 classes for the opportunity to grow as a DJ, MC and overall event professional.
Pre-Event Planning (Certain types of events, like weddings, require additional pre-planning)
- Responding to inquiries and requests from clients, staff, and management in a timely fashion.
- Attending staff meetings and training functions.
- Checking event scheduling software weekly to confirm newly assigned events, as well as making sure consults have been scheduled with clients.
Day of Event
- Schedule in person consult with wedding clients in the Epic office 6 weeks before event date.
- Meet with clients in Epic office to review their online planning tools. (Other types of events are generally handled over a short phone call to confirm details and set-up instructions).
- Prep for events include printing and reviewing clients online planning tools, building play lists for event, and then creating a playlist back-up on iPod/iPad.
You must be able to lift without assistance as this role requires lifting cases and equipment in and out of your vehicle and at the venue. Most of our events take place on the weekends in the afternoons and into the evenings. Most events require availability between noon – midnight, so flexibility regarding hours is important.
You will be required to arrive with professional and groomed appearance, dress professionally (black slacks & button up shirt), and wear closed toed shoes.
- Pick up the DJ equipment from Epic Entertainment at 675 W. Grand Ave, Grover Beach, CA.
- Drive to the assigned venue and arrive 1 ½ - 2 hours before the event is scheduled to begin.
- Set up DJ equipment and be dressed professionally prior to your start time.
- Play music and make announcements as needed, based on clients planning tools, and planner/coordinator timelines and/or order of events, for the duration of the hire (normally 5-9 hours).
- You will also be responsible for troubleshooting the equipment when needed, and always making sure to bring a positive, upbeat attitude to every event. Always be professional and courteous to all vendors, staff, and guests attending the event.
- Disassemble the DJ equipment at the end of the hire, making sure to collect all cords, totes, etc., and pack it away into your car. You will also be responsible for cleaning up any items/trash left behind in your area from event attendees.
- Drive back to the Epic Entertainment office and return all DJ equipment.
This is a part-time position; no previous experience or qualifications are necessary as training (paid) is provided. Customer service experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in the event industry is desirable, but not required.
Flat rate $300-$500 per event. See breakdown below:
Travel to venue This time is imbedded in the flat rate and mileage pay will be additional.
Assembly 1 to 1 ½ hours
Hire # of hours (you) the DJ/MC has been hired for.
Disassembly 45 minutes
Travel from venue This time is imbedded in the flat rate and mileage pay will be additional.
**All trainings and meetings are paid on an hourly basis of $17/hour.**
**Mileage is paid from the Epic Entertainment office (675 W. Grand Ave, Grover Beach, CA.) to the event address and back to Epic Entertainment (mileage is calculated at $0.62 per mile)**
Perfect attendance and timeliness are a must – clients don’t like lateness!
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply on our website at EpicEntertainment.group/careers and fill out an application.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and your own dependable vehicle.
- Must speak fluent English, and any other languages are always a plus!
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, lift, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be customer service oriented and provide a positive, upbeat, and fun experience in your interactions with the guests, vendors, and staff.
- Must be a team player!!
- Must be punctual and dependable – good timekeeping is essential for this role.